2011 Home & Garden Issue
- masters of the garden
- Malcolm J. Brenner visits the Charlotte County office of the University of Florida’s Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences to learn about their master gardener program.
- modern mediterranean
- Mary Alspaugh takes you inside a luxurious Grassy Point home featuring a custom combination of old world and modern architecture and furnishings.
- in praise of the noble pod
- Bob Morris sings the praises of one of the only vegetables capable of surviving hot Florida summers: okra.
- a home for the community
- Jamie Swartz offers our readers a tour of North Port’s brand new Morgan Family Community Center.
- Treasure by the sea
- Deanie Gudac explores a home in St. James City that brings a touch of Tuscany to Pine Island Sound.
- room(s) with a view
- Nanci Theoret sits down with Lori and Don Willams to learn how they transformed a stark white, boring penthouse to a clean, sophisticated space that spoke to their personalities.
- Celebrate Punta Gorda
- The summers in Punta Gorda are definitely heating up...
- Peace River Film Festival
- We bring you the official program for this month’s premier event.
- Check out all the great activities and events happening around the harbor this month!
- HARBOR STYLE salutes Jose A. Lopez (Marketing Arm International), Symbiont Service Corp.
and others for a job well done!
- These are the pages and places to be seen. This month features the Arts & Humanities Council’s Expressions from Beautiful Minds, Charlotte County Homeless Coalition’s Derby Day Celebration and Leadership Charlotte’s Lei the Way.
- CREATURE FEATURE
- Malcolm J. Brenner takes a look into the lives of the UFO of Florida wildlife, the bobcat.
- HARBOR HEALTH
- Is your home making you sick? Nancy J. Semon investigates some things in your home that could be making you ill.
- HARBOR FITNESS
- Jak Beardsworth tells the story of his encounter with Bobby Riggs, aka the Sugar Daddy, of the infamous Battle of the Sexes singles match.
- Lights! Camera! Action! Nancy J. Semon talks to all the people behind the scenes of the inaugural Punta Gorda Film Festival.
- DINING OUT
- Nanci Theoret savors the unique flavor profiles and combinations at JD’s Bistro and Grille in Port Charlotte.